Assistant/Associate Director of Marketing
Penn State Intercollegiate Athletics is seeking an Assistant/Associate Director of Marketing and Fan Experience for a variety of Varsity Sports Programs. This position will report to a Director of Marketing and will serve as the primary marketing contact with supervision and management of all efforts and initiatives for Women's Volleyball, Men's Gymnastics, Women's Gymnastics, Softball, Cross Country, and Track and Field as well as co-supervise the Marketing Internship Program and have a role with Football.
The primary duties for this position will include:
- Produce first-class game presentations to create memories for fans and student-athletes for assigned sports. This includes script writing, videoboard production, music coordination, as well as theme/promotion development and execution.
- Foster community and fan engagement including grassroots campaigns to connect teams with the community and create awareness of programs and events of assigned sports and the athletic department overall.
- Assist in the hiring, training, and supervision of any marketing employees as well as direct supervision of marketing interns.
- Work with other external units - strategic communications, creative services, ticketing, sponsorship - to ensure all deliverables for each program are met.
- Utilize a growth mindset and innovation to provide feedback, make recommendations on new policies, procedures, programs, and services for continual financial improvement.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate should have knowledge of athletic marketing and promotions, ticket sales, community relations, social media, in-game management, and be able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously successfully and efficiently. Because of the nature of athletic schedules, the selected candidate may be required to work flexible hours to meet the various demands of the operation. Excellent interpersonal communication skills, both written and oral, as well as exceptional customer service skills are essential for this position.
Typically requires a Bachelor's degree or higher plus 2 years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience. The position will be filled at the title that is appropriate based on the successful candidates experience.
This position requires the following publicly-available clearances: Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Background Check, Pennsylvania Child Abuse History and Federal (FBI) Fingerprint Criminal Background Check.
The Pennsylvania State University is committed to and accountable for advancing diversity, equity, inclusion, and sustainability in all of its forms. We embrace individual uniqueness, foster a culture of inclusion that supports both broad and specific diversity initiatives, leverage the educational and institutional benefits of diversity in society and nature, and engage all individuals to help them thrive. We value inclusion as a core strength and an essential element of our public service
Apply online at https://psu.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/PSU_Staff/job/Penn-State-University-Park/Assistant-Associate-Director-of-Marketing_REQ_0000049686-2
CAMPUS SECURITY CRIME STATISTICS: For more about safety at Penn State, and to review the Annual Security Report which contains information about crime statistics and other safety and security matters, please go to http://www.police.psu.edu/clery/, which will also provide you with detail on how to request a hard copy of the Annual Security Report.
Penn State is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency