Assistant Athletic Director for Elite Performance & Development
Penn State Intercollegiate Athletics (ICA), a Division I and Big Ten Conference Institution is seeking candidates to fill the role of The Assistant Athletic Director for Elite Performance and Development. This position is committed to elite performance and supporting the advancement of Penn State ICA. The position is responsible for the direct oversight of the Performance Psychology and Development & Enrichment Departments within ICA. The incumbent is to take an innovative and developmental approach to finding synergistic strategies and tactics to meet the evolving needs of student-athletes, coaches, and staff. All efforts must foster and encourage a space of belonging as the incumbent is to operate from a diverse, equitable, and inclusive perspective.
This position serves on the Penn State ICA Management Team and Sport Performance Leadership Team. Due to the individuals it serves, the incumbent will often work on evenings and weekends, in addition to potential travel as needed.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee all managerial aspects associated with the departments of Performance Psychology and Development and Enrichment; including but not limited to, staffing needs, budget, and interdisciplinary approach to elite performance
- Direct strategic programmatic opportunities, events, and seminars focused on social, personal, professional, emotional, behavioral, cognitive, cultural, athletic development, and the intersection(s) thereof
- Support the day-to-day functionality of Performance Psychology and Development and Enrichment by providing synergistic approaches to elite sport performance.
- Establish interdisciplinary partnerships with Sports Medicine, Counseling and Psychological Services, and other providers to assist with the referral process regarding the continuum of student-athlete mental health and wellness
- Lead various diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives geared towards providing a space of belonging for student-athletes, coaches, and staff
- Create and facilitate opportunities for coaches and staff to learn, engage, and leverage performance psychology skills as part of their professional development
- Build relationships with internal and external constituents, including but not limited to faculty and staff, community leaders, and applicable organizations
- Collaborate with key internal and external partners on innovative Name, Image, and Likeness (NIL) initiatives (i.e., education) that drive the department and organization forward
- Assist the Morgan Academic Center staff with the development and implementation of a successful New Student Welcome, orientations, and first year seminar course (BBH) for student-athletes
- Serve as the primary advisor for the Student-Athlete Advisory Board, and other student-athlete led organizations
- Coordinate various community outreach initiatives in partnership with student-athletes, coaches, and staff
- Manage the nomination and application process of student-athletes for NCAA, University, Conference, and departmental awards
- Organize and facilitate engaging and educational seminars, workshops, and presentations that meet the evolving needs of student-athletes
- Participate in donor and recruiting initiatives as directed and needed
- Administer evaluations and surveys
This position will be filled at a level 4 or level 5 depending upon the successful candidate's competencies, education, and experience. Typically requires a Bachelor's Degree or higher (Master's degree preferred in an appropriate area of specialization) plus five years of related experience for a Level 4. Additional experience and/or education and competencies are required for higher level jobs.
- Proven cultural competence through demonstrated knowledge and experience working with diverse student-athlete, coach, and staff groups
- Ability to build relationships with key constituents, and work collaboratively within a complex and evolving ecosystem
- Strong communication, interpersonal, analytical, facilitation, and organizational skills
- Extreme attention to detail and the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Certifications and trainings in an appropriate area of specialization
- Former NCAA DI student-athlete
- Coaching/Team Background
- Experience working with student athletes and/or College athletics
- Event management
- NCAA DI educational programmatic development
- Budget management
- Involvement with Name, Image, and Likeness (NIL) initiatives
This position requires the following clearances in addition to applicable background checks: PA State Police Criminal Background Check, PA Child Abuse History Clearance Form, and Federal (FBI) Fingerprint Criminal Background Check. This position requires that you operate a motor vehicle as a part of your job duties. A valid driver's license and successful completion of a motor vehicle records check will be required in addition to applicable background checks.
The Pennsylvania State University is committed to and accountable for advancing diversity, equity, inclusion, and sustainability in all of its forms. We embrace individual uniqueness, foster a culture of inclusion that supports both broad and specific diversity initiatives, leverage the educational and institutional benefits of diversity in society and nature, and engage all individuals to help them thrive. We value inclusion as a core strength and an essential element of our public service mission.
Apply online at https://psu.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/PSU_Staff/job/University-Park-Campus/Assistant-Athletic-Director-for-Elite-Performance---Development_REQ_0000031243
CAMPUS SECURITY CRIME STATISTICS: For more about safety at Penn State, and to review the Annual Security Report which contains information about crime statistics and other safety and security matters, please go to http://www.police.psu.edu/clery/, which will also provide you with detail on how to request a hard copy of the Annual Security Report.
Penn State is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency