Assistant Club Coach, Mens Ice Hockey
Under the general supervision of the Coordinator, ACHA Operations, the Assistant Club Coach, Men's Ice Hockey provides support and assistance of the intercollegiate Men's Club Ice Hockey program, but is not limited to the following aspects; preparation of training/practice sessions, pregame organization and scouting reports, team travel arrangements, recruiting, managing recruiting database, assist with recruiting tours of the University, assist toward instruction/knowledge of collegiate club ice hockey, and professional communication in regards to the Coaching staff and individual players.
Department: Athletics: Intramural/Club Sports
Bachelors degree plus 2 years of progressively responsible experience; significant coaching experience or equivalent combination of education and experience. Commitment to Division III philosophy and experience with ACHA preferred. Valid driver license with good driving record: must be insurable.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of ACHA guidelines and the ability to teach critical skills, regulations, and ice hockey strategies and training techniques.
- Knowledge of or ability to learn current strategies of recruiting and recruiting software.
- Ensure compliance of the program with University and ACHA.
- Knowledge and experience of the Division III philosophy.
- Demonstrated skills in developing and motivating students both academically and athletically.
- Strong commitment to the values of a liberal arts education.
- Understanding of teacher/coach model in a NCAA Division III athletics program.
- Ability to objectively evaluate physical skills in the areas of physical potential and mental capability for intercollegiate athletics.
- Ability to demonstrate effective communication skills both orally and in writing.
- Proficiency in computer use and relevant Microsoft applications.
- Ability to effectively communicate both within and outside the College including, but not limited to, student-athletes, parents, recruits, coaches, athletic training staff, and athletic department staff.
- Ability to provide effective leadership to student athletes to encourage both successful academic development and competitive performance.
- Ability to work within the team oriented philosophy in the athletics department.
- Travel is a requirement of this position.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule.
Medium Work: Exerting up to 40 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. Position involves both inside sedentary work and work on different surfaces and on other fitness environments while coaching and training situations with student-athletes. Evening and weekend hours in all types of weather, with travel between campuses is necessary. Lifting required (i.e. - set-up of scorers table, etc.), some manual labor is expected.
- Promote the philosophy and objectives of the intercollegiate athletics program; to include adhering to and enforcing all Departmental policies and procedures, as well as rules and regulations of the University, and ACHA.
- Work in conjunction with the Coordinator, ACHA Operations to encourage the development of psychological, social and mental skills necessary for the student-athlete to be successful in the classroom, on the field, and in future endeavors.
- Monitor the conditioning and training of student athletes
- Work with the Coordinator, ACHA Operations in developing routines, strategies, and individual workout and practice needs for various student-athletes.
- Serve as a role model for the student-athletes by exhibiting ethical and professional conduct.
- In cooperation with the Coordinator, ACHA Operations, the Assistant Club Coach will develop and maintain a system to identify potential recruits and to work closely with high school and juniors coaches to recruit quality student-athletes to Stevenson University.
- Identify and recruit quality student-athletes, both nationally and locally, who meet the high standards established by Stevenson University.
- Assist with the daily administrative duties of the program.
- Assist with scheduling for practices and competition, interfacing with administrators and representatives from other schools.
- Ability to work evenings, weekends, and travel with team to scheduled events.
- Participate in clinics, exhibitions, and camps, as approved.
- Represent the Department at professional, civic, charitable, and alumni events, as requested.
- Represent Stevenson University at various local events, throughout the community.
- Cooperate with Stevenson University athletic personnel for efficient utilization of shared facilities.
- Assist with fundraising opportunities and budget preparations.
Reports To: Coordinator, ACHA Operations
Work Location: Owings Mills
Position Category: Staff
Open Until Filled: Yes
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stevenson.peopleadmin.com
EOE/AA Employer of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency