Assistant Coach Women's Rowing
About College of the Holy Cross:
Founded in 1843 in Worcester, Massachusetts, the College of the Holy Cross is among the nation's leading liberal arts institutions. A highly selective, four-year, exclusively undergraduate college of 3,100 students, Holy Cross is renowned for offering a rigorous, personalized education in the Jesuit, Catholic tradition.
Holy Cross highly values the unique skills, perspective, talents and passion that each employee contributes to its learning community. To work at The College is to accept an invitation to participate in the growth and development of all campus members, students, faculty and staff. The College's commitment to diversity is an important feature of the Holy Cross education. Informed by the presence of diverse interpretations of the human experience, Holy Cross is building a community marked by freedom, mutual respect, and civility. We seek others who support our values of diversity and inclusiveness. Job candidates of all diverse backgrounds who embrace the open and inclusive culture of Holy Cross are welcome and encouraged to apply.
Assist with all facets of NCAA Division I women's crew program to include but not limited to the following areas: Recruiting, Coaching, Operations/Administrative, and Development-related responsibilities. Assistant coach must perform duties in compliance with all College, Patriot League, and NCAA rules and regulations.
Major Areas of Responsibility
- Identifies and evaluates talented, academically qualified prospective student-athletes and effectively communicates with coaches, prospects and parents.
- Evaluate talents, abilities and character of these prospects to determine their potential to succeed athletically within the Patriot League and academically at Holy Cross.
- Engage in communication with the prospects, parents, coaches, or other advisors through travel, written and verbal correspondence with the intentions of attracting these student-athletes to Holy Cross.
- Work with the College's admissions office and the Department's compliance office for academic evaluations for meeting Holy Cross, Patriot League, and NCAA standards.
- Communicate with Compliance Officer to ensure that all NCAA policies are followed.
- Coordinate any on-campus visits, travel arrangements, athletic and academic tours.
- Provide recommendations to head coach for scholarship allocation.
- Respects department's commitment to excellence, integrity, respect and leadership.
- Collaborates with Head Coach to develop annual recruiting schedules and goals for program.
- Performs other recruiting duties as assigned.
- By supporting the coaching style and preferences of the Head Coach, provide instructional expertise and direction for the specific area assigned during practice and game-day events.
- Through team practice, film review and one-on-one instructions, enhance the learning and development of the athlete's skills.
- Provide advice and assistance to the Head Coach during the program's athletic events.
- Ensure that all student-athletes follow proper safety procedures.
- All coaches must work with the Sports Medicine office to become certified in AED/CPR and first aid.
- Utilize coaching expertise in creating a winning athletic program for Holy Cross.
- Work with athletics trainers and physicians as needed to implement team wellness and conditioning programs.
- Provide direction to the Strength and Conditioning coach as to the desired training goals.
- Performs other coaching duties as assigned.
- Supports management of team academically and athletically.
- Tracks student-athlete academic progress; organizes and conducts practice activities.
- Prepares team and opponent video analysis; and maintains records as required.
- Attends workshops, training sessions and meetings as required by the College and the conference.
- Responsible for working with all Athletic Department Offices in processing of administrative functions and paperwork related to the program.
- Work with the Business Office staff with budget preparation, reconciliation, procurement of supplies, and other relevant communications with the business office as needed.
- Responsible for arranging all travel aspects related to the sport program which includes transportation to/from practice as well as competition as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Assist with fundraising, marketing and promotional activities, administration of sports camps and/or clinics, and other duties as directed by Head Coach and/or Athletics Administration.
- Work with the Crusader Athletic Fund staff and Head Coach in their efforts to build relationships and generate gifts to the CAF program or other department and university related objectives.
- Coordinate the programs fundraising activities and Alumnae events.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Previous coaching experience required, preferably at the Division I level.
- Knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and organizational skills required.
- Computer and video editing skills strongly encouraged.
This is a full time, exempt level position.
The College of the Holy Cross is a private, Jesuit Catholic, undergraduate institution serving approximately 3,100 students. Founded in 1843, Holy Cross is the oldest Catholic college in New England and has a tradition of academic excellence. It is located atop Mount Saint James in Worcester, Massachusetts. The picturesque, 174-acre campus is an award-winning and registered arboretum.
Worcester is a city of approximately 170,000 people centrally located in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. It is approximately one hour from Boston, Hartford, and Providence, and three hours from New York City. Worcester is known as the Heart of the Commonwealth. Worcester offers many cultural and recreational opportunities.
The College is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and complies with all Federal and Massachusetts laws concerning Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action in the workplace.
A member of the Higher Education Consortium of Central Massachusetts (HECCMA).
To review our Employee Benefit Options, please go to: https://www.holycross.edu/human-resources/benefits
Please attach a cover letter addressing the position requirements along with your resume.
In your cover letter please address how your work might support the College's mission as a Jesuit, undergraduate liberal arts college (see http://www.holycross.edu/mission) and its core commitment to diversity and inclusion. Please provide examples of any past work that illuminate your commitments in these areas. For more information, please visit http://holycross.edu/diversity.
Review of applications will begin as received and continue until the position has been filled.
To apply, visit https://holycross.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=127198
The College of the Holy Cross is a highly selective Catholic liberal arts college in the Jesuit tradition. It enrolls about 3,000 students and is located in a medium-sized city 45 miles west of Boston. The College seeks faculty members whose scholarship, teaching, advising, and on- and off-campus service demonstrate commitment to the educational benefits of a richly diverse community. Holy Cross aspires to meet the needs of dual-career couples, in part through its membership in Higher Education Consortium of Central Massachusetts (http://www.heccma.org) and the New England Higher Education Recruitment Consortium (https://new-england.hercjobs.org/)
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency