Penn State Intercollegiate Athletics, a Division I and Big Ten Conference Institution is seeking candidates to fill the role of Athletic Trainer. Primary sport coverage for this position will be Baseball with cross coverage in other areas as requested.
- Coordination and delivery of athletic training and sports medicine services for assigned student-athletes
- Evaluate injuries and develop treatment and exercise plans within the scope of practice under the guidance of supervising team physician
- Implement individualized therapeutic interventions and establish exercise programs for specific needs
- Prepare student athletes for and attendance at daily practices and games
- Supervise athletic training students (must serve as Preceptor to athletic training students as assigned)
- Manage treatment scheduling, oversee medical records, maintain/update rehabilitation progress reports and record injuries and care delivered in the EMR System (ensure HIPAA/FERPA compliance)
- Maintain athletic training facility and inventory of equipment and supplies
- Assist with administrative duties as assigned
- Participate in staff meetings, student athlete onboarding and physicals, as well as additional opportunities with athletic clinics and camps
This job will be filled as a level 2, or level 3, depending upon the successful candidate's competencies, education, and experience. Typically requires a Bachelor's degree or higher (Master's degree preferred) plus two years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience for a level 2. Additional experience and/or education and competencies are required for higher level jobs.
Current Board of Certification (BOC) Athletic Trainer in good standing and eligible for Athletic Trainer Licensure within the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania required. Certified Health Care Provider (CPR/AED) required.
This position requires the following clearances in addition to applicable background checks: PA State Police Criminal Background Check, PA Child Abuse History Clearance Form, and Federal (FBI) Fingerprint Criminal Background Check. This position requires that you operate a motor vehicle as a part of your job duties. A valid driver's license and successful completion of a motor vehicle records check will be required in addition to applicable background checks.
Apply online at https://psu.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/PSU_Staff/job/University-Park-Campus/Athletic-Trainer_REQ_0000011978-1
CAMPUS SECURITY CRIME STATISTICS: For more about safety at Penn State, and to review the Annual Security Report which contains information about crime statistics and other safety and security matters, please go to http://www.police.psu.edu/clery/, which will also provide you with detail on how to request a hard copy of the Annual Security Report.
Penn State is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency