- Athletic Trainer Swimming and Diving
- Go to our website »
Athletic Trainer Swimming and Diving
Penn State Intercollegiate Athletics is seeking candidates for the role of Athletic Trainer. Primary sport coverage for this position will be Men's and Women's Swimming and Diving.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assist with coordination and delivery of athletic training and sports medicine services for assigned student athletes.
- Travel as needed with team to away contests.
- Assist in the implementation of comprehensive injury prevention and performance enhancement programs for Intercollegiate Athletics.
- Maintain proper medical records in accordance with all governmental guidelines.
- Assist with maintaining athletic training facility and inventory of supplies and equipment.
- Transport student athletes to appointments when medically necessary.
- Participate in staff meetings, student athlete onboarding and physicals.
- Additional opportunities for athletic clinics and camps (supplemental compensation).
- Supervise athletic training students (preceptor) as assigned.
- Mentor other staff members and cross coverage as defined by supervisor.
Physical effort required for practice/game preparation and during emergency care management and rehabilitation.
This position will be filled at a level 2 or level 3 depending upon the successful candidate's competencies, education, and experience. Typically requires a Bachelor's Degree or higher (Master's degree preferred) plus two years of related experience for a Level 2. Additional experience and/or education and competencies are required for higher level jobs. Current BOC Certified Athletic Trainer in good standing and eligible for Athletic Trainer Licensure within the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania required. Certified Health Care Provider (CPR/AED) required.
This position requires the following clearances in addition to applicable background checks: PA State Police Criminal Background Check, PA Child Abuse History Clearance Form, and Federal (FBI) Fingerprint Criminal Background Check. This position requires that you operate a motor vehicle as a part of your job duties. A valid driver's license and successful completion of a motor vehicle records check will be required in addition to applicable background checks.
The Pennsylvania State University is committed to and accountable for advancing diversity, equity, inclusion, and sustainability in all of its forms. We embrace individual uniqueness, foster a culture of inclusion that supports both broad and specific diversity initiatives, leverage the educational and institutional benefits of diversity in society and nature, and engage all individuals to help them thrive. We value inclusion as a core strength and an essential element of our public service mission.
Apply online at https://psu.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/PSU_Staff/job/Penn-State-University-Park/Athletic-Trainer-Swimming-and-Diving_REQ_0000042937-1
CAMPUS SECURITY CRIME STATISTICS: For more about safety at Penn State, and to review the Annual Security Report which contains information about crime statistics and other safety and security matters, please go to http://www.police.psu.edu/clery/, which will also provide you with detail on how to request a hard copy of the Annual Security Report.
Penn State is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency