Rockhurst University is the #1 regional university in Kansas City. The beautiful 55-acre campus is centrally located in a thriving metropolis with a diverse population of more 2.5 million people. Situated in the heartland of the nation, Kansas City, Missouri is an affordable city known for its barbecue, jazz heritage, sports teams with enthusiastic support, and numerous cultural opportunities.
The Athletic Director is responsible for the administration of an athletic program (NCAA II; Great Lakes Valley Conference; 15 sports; 470+ student athletes) that comprehensively expresses Rockhurst University's mission, vision, values, and strategic plan. The Athletic Director also provides oversight for the safety, welfare, and development of all student-athletes as well as compliance with all university, state, federal, local, NCAA, and conference regulations and laws.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Prior experience in athletic administration at the university or conference level for at least 5 years.
- Ability to supervise and develop employees including team building and organizing, prioritizing, scheduling work assignments, hiring, and development of performance improvement plans.
- Ability to foster a collaborative work environment within a complex partnership/organizational structure.
- Skill in analyzing and re-engineering operations and procedures, formulating policy, and developing/implementing new strategies.
- Strategic planning, project management, and budgeting skills, including the ability to develop, plan, and implement short- and long-range projects, prepare, monitor, and adjust budgets, and analyze and interpret complex financial and operational data in order to prepare reports, projections, and recommendations.
- The ability to develop trusting relationships - and work collaboratively and productively with a wide range of constituents.
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills.
- Master's degree (sports administration or equivalent).
- Prior experience in athletic administration at the university or conference level for 10 or more years.
- Prior experience in intercollegiate athletic administration at the university or conference level for NCAA II.
For more information or to apply, please visit: https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/web.php/jobs/ViewJobDetails?job=32812&clientkey=76B960DE16E1EABF6B6D63157F84F11F
Rockhurst is an Equal Opportunity Employer and uses E-Verify.
Applicants who would enhance the diversity of the University, such as individuals from historically underrepresented groups, are strongly encouraged to apply.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency