- Athletics Mental Health Counselor
- Go to our website »
Athletics Mental Health Counselor
Rollins is the best college in Florida, but don't just take our word for it. See what the experts are saying. Explore all of the ways Rollins is top ranked-from our academic excellence and expert faculty to our unparalleled campus and one-of-a-kind study abroad opportunities.
For the 14th consecutive year, Rollins College has been named a "Great College to Work For"! Be a part of the Rollins experience and find a place where you belong. Ready to join us?
At Rollins, we strive to be responsive, respectful, collaborative, competent, and inclusive in all that we do. Whether serving prospective or current students, alumni, local residents, or our fellow faculty and staff colleagues, these standards define the Rollins service experience.
Click here to learn more about our commitment to Service Excellence at Rollins College!
Benefits & Perks:
- 25 Days - Paid Time Off (vacation, sick and personal time)
- 10 Days - Paid Holidays
- 5 Days - Paid College Closure Days
- Eligible for Medical, Prescription, Dental & Vision Insurances (within 30 days of hire)
- 100% Employer-Funded Health Reimbursement Account ($125+/month)
- 100% Employer-Paid Short & Long Term Disability Insurance
- Domestic Partner Benefits
- 11.5% Employer Retirement Contributions
- Discounted On-Campus Dining Meal Plans
- FREE On-Campus Parking
- FREE Access to Campus Amenities (gyms, pools, library, sporting events and more)
- FREE Full Tuition for Employees and their Families
- Pet Insurance
- 100% Employer-Funded Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Award-Winning Wellbeing Programs: Blue Rewards, Rally Dollars, Hinge Health Musculoskeletal Coaching
- Plus More!
- Local & National Discount Programs, including Winter Park Locations (i.e. shops, restaurants, gift cards and more)
- FREE E-Training Courses & Professional Development Opportunities
- IT Software & Laptop Discounts (Apple, Lenovo, and more)
- College Bookstore Discounts
- Annual Service Awards & Recognition Programs
- Discover what it's like to live in Orlando: Live, Work, Play and Learn
- Plus More!
Rollins offers a competitive salary. Click here to review our full benefits package.
The Athletics Mental Health Counselor will provide individual and group counseling sessions; educational seminars; consultation and referral services to the Athletics Department of Rollins College. Emphasis will be on ameliorating mental health conditions and related issues typically experienced by student-athletes engaged in competitive intercollegiate sports at the NCAA Division II level.
The Athletics Mental Health Counselor postion is funded through a grant from the NCAA. Currently the grant is approved for five(5) years. The continuation of this position is based on satisfactory performance as well as the continuation of available funding.
- Provide confidential individual mental health counseling sessions and group sessions (as needed), as well as crisis management and support for student-athletes.
- Provide educational workshops, advocacy, and information regarding mental/emotional health and wellness issues to Athletic Department staff members.
- In collaboration with senior leadership, coaches and student-athletes create best practices/protocols regarding educational programming towards the advancement of mental health and wellness initiatives impacting student athletes.
- Work collaboratively with the Athletic Department's staff members, and in particular, the Athletic Trainers.
- Maintain appropriate clinical documentation in an Electronic Health Record system.
- Participate in weekly case management with Wellness center staff.
- Uphold standards and ethical guidelines of the counseling profession.
- Facilitate referrals when appropriate.
- Work in collaboration with athletics senior leadership team, and in consultation with Wellness Center substance misuse prevention counselor, to schedule annual drug and alcohol programming.
- Develop, coordinate and deliver education programs for students and student-athletes related to mental health, identity, mindfulness, adjustment and academic concerns.
- Act as a liaison by providing consultations when needed between student-athletes and coaches/sports medicine staff, professors, and student affairs staff.
- Ongoing professional development to be informed and up-to-date on all regulations around mental health laws, NCAA rules and regulations, federal guidelines and legal interpretations related to HIPAA.
- Liaise with and collaborate with other campus partners and community stakeholders on issues related to mental health education and prevention strategies as well as Title IX, diversity, gender, learning disabilities, nutrition, drug and substance abuse.
- Participate in NCAA Apple Training Program.
- Masters Degree in Mental Health Counseling, Counseling Psychology, Social Work, or related field required.
- Must possess an active Florida license in mental health counseling, clinical social work, or psychology.
- Skilled in providing educational programs to a variety of participants (i.e., college students, faculty, staff, parents, etc.).
- Master's level knowledge base of counseling theories, skills, and industry trends.
- Knowledge and understanding of the special considerations and challenges faced by student athletes.
- Knowledge and clear understanding of HIPAA and FERPA guidelines.
- Skilled in the use of electronic medical record systems.
- Ability to speak to groups of students, faculty, staff, and parents, including and especially athletic teams, on topics related mental health and wellness, which directly or indirectly impact performance.
- Training and experience related to sports performance enhancement and/or motivational sports training.
- Possess a valid driver's license, or ability to obtain an Florida driver's license within 30 days of accepting the job, and acceptable MVR are required.
- At least 1 year of experience working in a college or clinical mental health role in an agency setting.
- Prior counseling experience with the college student-athlete population and/or experience working with student-athletes.
- Demonstrated crisis intervention and management skills.
- Possess Qualified Supervisor Certification.
- Campus-based, front-facing customer service position, working in an office environment.
- Flexible to ever changing schedule needs associated with working with student-athletes.
- Evenings and weekends as appropriate and required.
Instructions to Applicants:
To apply, please submit an application and upload the following materials:
- Cover Letter
About the Athletics Department:
The Department of Physical Education & Athletics strives to provide a broad-based program which affords Rollins students the opportunity to grow mentally, physically and spiritually. This coincides with Rollins' institutional mission of providing a "high quality liberal arts education" as well as enhancing the "quality of student life." And the institution maintains an energized environment that promotes academic success as a precursor to participation in physical education, intramurals or varsity athletics. Students will be scholars first, athletes second.
To learn more about the Athletics Department at Rollins College, please visit: https://rollinssports.com/.
Diversity & Inclusion at Rollins:
Rollins is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive campus community, and the College celebrates the open exchange of ideas within a climate of civility and mutual respect. We view differences-from race and ethnicity to sexual orientation and political perspectives-as rich opportunities for understanding, learning, and growth. To learn more, please click here.
Through its mission, Rollins College is firmly committed to creating a just community that embraces multiculturalism; persons from historically under-represented minority groups are therefore encouraged to apply. Rollins does not discriminate on the basis of sex, disability, race, age, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical characteristics, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law, in its educational programs and activities.
To apply, visit https://jobs.rollins.edu/cw/en-us/job/493494/athletics-mental-health-counselor
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency