Director of Digital and Email Marketing
Penn State Intercollegiate Athletics is seeking a Director of Digital and Email Marketing. This position will coordinate and direct all digital and email marketing initiatives for our athletic department across all 31 sports. This will include digital marketing and advertising, email marketing strategy, fan feedback initiatives, and other revenue generating innovations, through consistent collaboration across the internal department and with external partners.
- Manage all digital advertising planning, budgeting and campaigns for ticketed sports with a focus on ticket sales and return on investment.
- Maintain positive relationship as day-to-day point of contact with external paid digital media partners, including the department's advertising agency.
- Lead copy writing, collaboration on creative assets, campaign timelines, and budget strategy for all digital marketing initiatives.
- Oversee email marketing strategy for the athletic department, including growth with Oracle Eloqua, email calendar, balancing communication priorities, look and feel, and execution.
- Participate actively in all marketing department initiatives, including weekly staff meetings, attendance at sport synergy meetings, and maintaining a high-level understanding and awareness of all sport plans and initiatives.
- Maintain a strong and positive collaborative relationship with various internal departments, including Creative Services, Ticket Office, Strategic Communications, Event Management and Operations, Marketing, Sponsorship, and more
- Collaborate on fan survey initiatives, including pre-season, post-season, and post-game surveys for sports as needed.
- Collaborate on Nittany Lion Feedback Program, including membership, survey schedule, execution, analysis, and internal and external visibility into insights.
- Develop new revenue generation ideas, new technology opportunities, and innovation capabilities for the athletic department.
- Collaborate with Fanatics partners to promote merchandise sales and new products on a consistent basis to drive ongoing team shop growth
- Assist marketing and fan experience team with game day responsibilities for Penn State Football home games.
- Opportunity for sport program marketing and fan experience responsibilities if desired.
The ideal candidate should have knowledge of athletic marketing and promotions, ticket sales, community relations, and be able to successfully and efficiently manage multiple tasks simultaneously. Because of the nature of athletic schedules, the selected candidate may be required to work flexible hours to meet the various demands of the operation. Excellent interpersonal communication skills, both written and oral, as well as exceptional customer service skills are essential for this position.
This position will be filled at a level 2 or level 3, depending upon the successful candidate's competencies, education, and experience. Typically requires a Bachelor's Degree plus 2 years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience for a level 2. Additional experience and/or education and competencies are required for higher level jobs.
This position requires the following publicly-available clearances: Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Background Check, Pennsylvania Child Abuse History and Federal (FBI) Fingerprint Criminal Background Check.
The Pennsylvania State University is committed to and accountable for advancing diversity, equity, inclusion, and sustainability in all of its forms. We embrace individual uniqueness, foster a culture of inclusion that supports both broad and specific diversity initiatives, leverage the educational and institutional benefits of diversity in society and nature, and engage all individuals to help them thrive. We value inclusion as a core strength and an essential element of our public service mission.
Apply online at https://psu.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/PSU_Staff/job/University-Park-Campus/Director-of-Digital-and-Email-Marketing_REQ_0000031908-1
CAMPUS SECURITY CRIME STATISTICS: For more about safety at Penn State, and to review the Annual Security Report which contains information about crime statistics and other safety and security matters, please go to http://www.police.psu.edu/clery/, which will also provide you with detail on how to request a hard copy of the Annual Security Report.
Penn State is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency