This ad is expired.
Director of Equipment Services / Equipment Brand Manager
Requisition Number: 2021S085Posting
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Department: Equipment Services
Colgate Athletics Mission:
To be an inclusive community of competitive excellence
Athletics Department Values:
Thoughtful Careful, reasoned, inclusive thinking
Driven Relentless, energetic, focused pursuit of courageous goal
Enthusiastic Passionate, positive, fun presence
Cohesive Closeknit, collaborative, consistent teamwork
Bold Creative, resourceful, fearless winners
This Director of Equipment Services / Equipment Brand Manager is primarily responsible for the overall management and vision of equipment services in support University intercollegiate sports and student-athletes.
Accountable for running an efficient and effective equipment services operation that can grow and adapt with developing trends and changes in the equipment space.
- Responsible for effective management, hiring, development, and evaluating equipment operations staff.
- Responsible for management and oversight of entire equipment services budget, as well as management of specific team equipment budget lines.
- Responsible for setting and implementing all equipment and apparel purchasing policies and procedures.
- Responsible for oversight of all equipment machine service repairs and the ordering of appropriate chemicals and detergent budget.
- Responsible for role modeling positive behaviors and leadership for student-athletes and employees.
- Responsible for guidance and strategic vision for apparel negotiation, department-wide apparel, and individual team equipment contracts.
- Responsible for effective negotiation of all contracts and agreements relevant vendors, to ensure timely payments to all vendors.
- Responsible for all final decisions regarding specific team uniform, equipment, and apparel
- Ensures all equipment and apparel is utilizing the proper logos, colors, and trademarks within University, ECAC, NCAA and Patriot league rules and regulations. Ensure all licensing rules are adhered to.
Accountable for maintaining personal compliance with all relevant governing bodies to include:
- specific conference
- athletic department
- university policies
3-5 years work experience within an athletic equipment program, preferably at the collegiate level, showing increased responsibility.
- Experience working with an all-sport apparel contract.
- Experience ordering, fitting, and modifying equipment as well as planning for away and home competitions.
- Demonstrated computer proficiency to utilize various programs and software for word processing, spreadsheets and website applications on a Macintosh and/or a PC.
- Strong organizational and time management skills; attention to detail.
A Bachelors degree required.
A Masters degree is preferred.
Colgate University is committed to the principle of institutional control in administering its athletics program in a manner consistent with the NCAA, ECAC, and Patriot League rules. Each individual involved in the athletics division is obligated to maintain competency and knowledge of the rules, to act within his or her realm of responsibility in full compliance with the governing legislation, and to report any violation of NCAA, ECAC or Patriot League rules of which he or she is aware. Should a situation warrant further investigation, you have an affirmative obligation to cooperate full in the infractions process, including the investigation and adjudication of a case. The failure to do so can be grounds for your termination with cause.
Weekdays, with occasional evenings and weekends.
Job Open Date:
Job Close Date:
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions Summary
It is the policy of Colgate University not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of their race, color, creed, religion, age, sex, pregnancy, national origin, marital status, disability, protected Veterans status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, being or having been victims of domestic violence or stalking, familial status, or any other categories covered by law. Colgate is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Candidates from historically underrepresented groups, women, persons with disabilities, and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.
CAMPUS CRIME REPORTING AND STATISTICS
The Campus Safety Department will provide upon request a copy of Colgates Annual Security and Fire Safety Report. This report includes statistics as reported to the United States Department of Education for the previous three years concerning reported: 1. crimes that occurred on-campus; in certain off-campus buildings or property owned or controlled by Colgate University; and on public property within, or immediately adjacent to and accessible from, the campus and 2. fires that occurred in student housing facilities. The report also includes institutional policies concerning campus security and fire safety, such as policies concerning sexual assault, life safety systems, and other related matters. To obtain a copy, contact the Campus Safety Compliance Manager via e-mail at email@example.com. You may also access the report from the Campus Safety web page at: www.colgate.edu/offices/support/campussafety.
To view the full job posting and apply for this position, go to: https://careers.colgate.edu/postings/3621
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency