This ad is expired.
Director of Marketing and Fan Experience
Penn State Intercollegiate Athletics, a Division I and Big Ten Conference Institution, is seeking a Director of Marketing and Fan Experience that will create, plan and implement the marketing plans for Penn State Men's Basketball, assist with marketing and game day responsibilities with Penn State Football, and additional sport responsibilities as assigned. This position will work closely with Intercollegiate Athletics departments and colleagues including team administration and operations, ticketing sales and services, athletic strategic communications, creative services, Penn State Sports Properties (MMR), event and venue management, video production and spirit squads. This position reports to the Assistant Athletic Director of Marketing and Fan Experience and has possibility for supervision of an Assistant Director of Marketing and Fan Experience.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Direct supervision, brand building and implementation of branding, advertising, promotion, sales support, event planning and fan experience for assigned sports
- An emphasis will be placed on providing memorable experiences for fans and creating a home court/field advantage for student-athletes
- Create and implement strategies to maximize game atmosphere opportunities and in-game promotional activities
- Management and oversight of marketing budgets assigned to each area
- Create and coordinate the annual marketing calendar and deadlines to ensure revenue and attendance targets
- Explore non-traditional marketing opportunities, conduct market research, and oversee grassroots programs
- Advise select student fan groups and collaborate with campus partners
- The work environment surrounding this position is creative and collaborative with a team focus where change is embraced and innovation is encouraged
This job will be filled as a level 2, or level 3, depending upon the successful candidate's competencies, education, and experience. Typically requires a Bachelor's degree or higher plus three years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience for a level 2. Additional experience and/or education and competencies are required for higher level jobs.
Experience in game presentation, revenue enhancement, brand management, advertising, promotional event planning, budget oversight within collegiate athletics, professional athletics or other high-volume entertainment industry preferred. Experience with music/video editing, videoboard production and live-streaming show development is also preferred. Experience working with a Men's Basketball program preferred.
This position requires the following clearances in addition to applicable background checks: PA State Police Criminal Background Check, PA Child Abuse History Clearance Form, and Federal (FBI) Fingerprint Criminal Background Check.
The Pennsylvania State University is committed to and accountable for advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in all of its forms. We embrace individual uniqueness, foster a culture of inclusive excellence that supports both broad and specific diversity initiatives, leverage the educational and institutional benefits of diversity, and engage all individuals to help them thrive. We value inclusive excellence as a core strength and an essential element of our public service mission.
Apply online at https://psu.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/PSU_Staff/job/University-Park-Campus/Director-of-Marketing-and-Fan-Experience_REQ_0000016595-2
CAMPUS SECURITY CRIME STATISTICS: For more about safety at Penn State, and to review the Annual Security Report which contains information about crime statistics and other safety and security matters, please go to http://www.police.psu.edu/clery/, which will also provide you with detail on how to request a hard copy of the Annual Security Report.
Penn State is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency