Head Women's Basketball Coach/Athletic Communications & Marketing Liaison
Current Madison College employees must apply to the internal career site by logging into Workday
Job Posting Date:
April 7, 2022
$57,375 - 71,718
Athletics Fitness Health & Recreation
Madison College's dedication to promoting equity, inclusion and diversity is reflected in our Mission, Vision, and Values. We believe every member on our team enriches our diversity by exposing us to a broad range of ways to understand and engage with the world, identify challenges, and to discover, design, and deliver solutions. We value the ability to serve students from a broad range of cultural heritages, socioeconomic backgrounds, genders, abilities, and orientations. Therefore, we seek applicants who demonstrate they understand the benefits of diversity in a higher education community. Hiring a diverse workforce that mirrors our student population is more than just a commitment at Madison College - it is the foundation of what we are striving to do. Come to be part of our great team!
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS/DEADLINE: cover letter and resume. Failure to include these documents with your application submission will render your application ineligible. This position will be open until filled, with a first review date of April 28, 2022, at 11:59 pm. After this date, the recruitment may close without further notice.
Madison College does not offer H-1B or other work authorization visa sponsorship for this position. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States at the time of hire and maintain work authorization throughout the employment term.
This is a full-time, exempt position. Monday - Friday from 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., flexibility required. Madison College offers a generous benefit program including health and dental benefits. The employee selected will serve a twelve (12) month introductory period. This position does not offer a relocation package.
The position performs all duties and responsibilities as the head intercollegiate women's basketball coach, provides comprehensive support with athletic communications functions, coordinates and promotes department / sport specific special events, and documents and organizes prospective student-athlete recruiting functions.
- Plan, organize, and conduct all intercollegiate basketball practices and contests in compliance with college and NJCAA rules.
- Hire, supervise, and evaluate coaching staff.
- Supervise all team personnel including student-athletes, managers, coaches, and related team personnel.
- Schedule all opponents for intercollegiate contests, purchase and maintain necessary supplies and equipment, and accumulate, document, and submit all required student-athlete documents required for NJCAA eligibility.
- Successfully recruit high-caliber women's basketball student-athletes and document all recruiting activity.
- Represent the college at conference, state, regional, and national coaches' meetings, and events.
- Promote and market department events by producing content such as preview stories, game recaps, and player bios on department websites and social media accounts. Additionally, schedule and maintain livestream content and coordinate photography.
- Accumulate statistics, records, rosters, schedules, and the online directory. Submit required information to the national office.
- Develop media contacts and promote special interest/success stories.
- Promote and coordinate games and special events. Assist off-season game management functions.
- Coordinate recruiting efforts by producing recruiting digital and print materials, developing a recruiting road map, and documenting and producing recruiting reports.
- Maintains a commitment to the college mission, vision, and values. Comply with college policies, directives, and work rules.Engages positively with colleagues, handles conflict directly and professionally, contributes to team discussions, collaborates, and helps colleagues, assumes the best from colleagues, provides and accepts constructive feedback, follows through on commitments, and supports final decisions that are made.
- Other duties as defined by department, college, or officials.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES:
- Skill in communicating effectively and professionally, both orally and in writing.
- Demonstrated skill in communications and human relations with populations of diverse socioeconomic and cultural backgrounds and persons with disabilities.
- Organizational, management, and interpersonal skills necessary to organize, communicate, and execute events and promotions.
- Marketing, public relations, and communication skills necessary to professionally promote the department through multiple mediums and to multiple entities while maintaining brand standards.
- Technical expertise and knowledge of statistical sport software, website maintenance and design (specifically SIDEARM), graphic design and desktop publishing (using Adobe software), live streaming, photography, and social media channels.
- Ability to successfully recruit quality prospective student-athletes.
- Knowledge of the current NCAA and NJCAA rules and the ability to teach the most current women's basketball skills, techniques, and strategies.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in marketing, public relations or other related field; OR of related work experience directly related to the skills required for successfully performing this position.
*Experience used as an equivalent of an educational requirement is in addition to any experience required by the position.
- Two (2) years (4,000 hours) of recent work experience directly related to the skills required for successfully performing this position.
- Three to five years in an intercollegiate athletic setting preferred.
If you are experiencing application issues please contact the HR hotline, (608) 246-6900.
To ensure that emails from us regarding your application do not go to your spam folder, please add the @madisoncollege.edu domain as a safe sender in your email.
Madison Area Technical College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability or age in employment, admissions or its programs or activities. Madison College offers degrees, diplomas, apprenticeships and certificates in Architecture & Engineering; Arts, Design & Humanities; Business; Construction, Manufacturing & Maintenance; Culinary, Hospitality & Fitness; Education & Social Services; Health Sciences; Information Technology; Law, Protective & Human Services; Science, Math & Natural Resources; and Transportation. Admissions criteria vary by program and are available by calling our Enrollment Office at (608) 246-6210 or (800) 322-6282 Ext. 6210. The following person has been designated to coordinate Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and to handle inquiries regarding the college's nondiscrimination policies: Lisa Muchka, Compliance Coordinator, 1701 Wright Street, Madison, WI 53704 (608) 246.5221
To apply, visit https://madisoncollege.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/jobsatMadisonCollege/job/Truax-Campus-Madison/Head-Women-s-Basketball-Coach-Athletic-Communications---Marketing-Liaison_R0003998
Welcome! Thank you for visiting our career site, where Madison College is committed to matching talent to opportunity. We are known for our real-world, smart approach to learning - offering students innovative, high-tech career pathways and college transfer opportunities with more than 150 programs to choose from. Madison College is a great place to work and has been for over 100 years, serving more than 33,000 students in 12 south-central Wisconsin counties. The College offers generous salaries, benefits, and an inspiring work environment. Employees enjoy a culture dedicated to lifelong learning, wellness and inclusiveness.
Take some time and look around - once you've have a chance to explore our current opportunities, apply to the ones you feel best suit your interests, background and experiences. Thereafter, you can keep track of your application status and watch for new opportunities that might be of interest to you.
Along with our competitive wages, check out the benefits that we offer: https://madisoncollege.edu/careers
Learn More about Madison College: https://madisoncollege.edu/about
As part of the application process, finalists will undergo a background check including criminal history, educational verification, and references. Criminal history will not automatically disqualify you from employment. All cases are considered on an individual basis, and the offense will be compared to the position for which you are applying.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency jeid-55bed2dd823e754cbce8ad894bc3b44b