This ad is expired.
Mental Health Clinician Therapist
Penn State Intercollegiate Athletics, a Division I and Big Ten Conference Institution, is seeking a Mental Health Clinician/Therapist.
Responsibilities & Duties Include:
- Provide clinical services to clients - individual, group therapy, and online formats with emphasis on treatment to student-athletes.
- Conduct and manage mental health assessments/screenings and makes recommendations for treatment modality.
- Generate/implement treatment plans from evidence-based approaches.
- Provide crisis intervention and emergency services on-site and through on-call system.
- Engage in consultation relative to internal and external psychological needs.
- Document, report, and maintain confidential records and information in compliance with all applicable laws and professional ethical standards.
- May provide applied sport psychology services related to athletic performance improvement of student-athletes including services focused on individual mental skills training, team building, communication, leadership, and injury rehabilitation.
- Provide urgent care to student-athletes in need or in crisis (schedule a session within 24 hours of a safety assessment or crisis call).
- Present clinical and performance-based trainings to student-athletes, coaches and Athletic Department staff as needed.
- Hours are not 9-5, and schedules are based upon student-athlete availability (evenings and/or weekends are a possibility).
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent case management skills.
- Considerable knowledge and experience in consulting/crisis intervention, workshop presentation and training/supervision of interns or hourly staff.
- Evidence of outstanding skills in clinical assessment, psychotherapy, crisis management, and psycho-education.
- A solid understanding of boundaries and professional ethics.
- Ability to problem-solve, handle sensitive information and nuanced situations.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a multidisciplinary interdepartmental team.
- Highly organized and detail oriented to handle multiple projects and deadlines.
- Able to communicate well and build rapport quickly with students, coaches, and staff.
- Able to demonstrate ability to work well with a diverse group of clients.
- Collaborate to meet the clinical and performance-based needs of our student-athletes and sport programs.
- Committed to confidentiality regulated by university, state, and federal rules and regulations.
- Master's degree in Counseling or related field (discipline).
- Licensure: Licensed Social Worker, Licensed Clinical Social Worker, Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, Licensed Professional Counselor, or related discipline or has ability to obtain within 6 weeks of hire.
- Five years of experience providing mental health counseling and performance-based services to student-athletes, preferably in a university, college counseling center, and/or athletic department setting.
- Experience with specialty areas such as substance misuse and disordered eating.
- Experience working in competitive athletic environments.
- Association for Applied Sport Psychology (AASP) - Certified Mental Performance Consultant.
This position requires the following clearances: PA State Police Criminal Background Check, PA Child Abuse History Clearance Form, and Federal (FBI) Fingerprint Criminal Background Check. This position also requires that you operate a motor vehicle as a part of your job duties. A valid driver's license and successful completion of a motor vehicle records check will be required in addition to standard background checks.
The Pennsylvania State University is committed to and accountable for advancing diversity, equity, inclusion, and sustainability in all its forms. We embrace individual uniqueness, foster a culture of inclusion that supports both broad and specific diversity initiatives, leverage the educational and institutional benefits of diversity in society and nature, and engage all individuals to help them thrive. We value inclusion as a core strength and an essential element of our public service mission.
Apply online at https://psu.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/PSU_Staff/job/Penn-State-University-Park/Mental-Health-Clinician-Therapist_REQ_0000048725-1
CAMPUS SECURITY CRIME STATISTICS: For more about safety at Penn State, and to review the Annual Security Report which contains information about crime statistics and other safety and security matters, please go to http://www.police.psu.edu/clery/, which will also provide you with detail on how to request a hard copy of the Annual Security Report.
Penn State is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency