Senior Associate Athletics Director for Compliance (Compliance Manager 5)
Penn State is seeking a solutions-oriented and collaborative individual with strong communications skills to serve as the Senior Associate Athletics Director for Compliance (Compliance Manager 5).
The Senior Associate Athletics Director for Compliance leads the Athletics Compliance Office, partnering with Athletic Department leadership and reporting to Penn State's Chief Ethics and Compliance Officer ("CECO").
The mission of the Athletics Compliance Office is to ensure the University's compliance with NCAA, Big 10, other relevant conference and Penn State policies, procedures and integrity standards in pursuit of the continued success of Penn State's student athletes and 31 athletic teams.
With seven direct reports, the Senior Associate Athletics Director for Compliance will maintain a best-in-class compliance program by:
- Interpreting applicable NCAA, Big Ten and other Conference rules and integrity standards, as well as Penn State's internal academic rules and institutional policies, and providing guidance for staff, coaches, and student-athletes to ensure that our athletic programs are in full compliance with all applicable standards.
- Liaising with the NCAA and Big 10 and other governing bodies on routine and non-routine matters, including seeking interpretations and waivers as appropriate and preparing all reports on institutional violations that are required to be submitted on behalf of the Vice President for Athletics and the Faculty Athletics Representative (FAR).
- Serving as the University's compliance expert and providing input to the Vice President for Athletics, the FAR and other senior administrators with regards to high profile and evolving topics such as Name, Image and Likeness (NIL), the athlete transfer portal, student athlete compensation and benefits, athletic competition eligibility and the NCAA governance process.
- Managing the administration of vital services to student athletes, including athletic scholarships/financial aid.
- Supervising rules education, code of conduct compliance and annual certifications.
- Supporting the culture of compliance and integrity that exists within Penn State's Athletic Programs, and partnering with the CECO, FAR, VP for Athletics and others to uphold Penn State's commitment to athletics integrity.
- Fostering the professional development and camaraderie of the Athletics Compliance staff.
- Serving as a member of the Athletic Department [senior leadership team] and as [Chair of][a member of] the Penn State Athletics Integrity Council, which provides independent support to the University's Athletic program through quarterly meetings where evolving issues and trends are examined and reviewed with University leaders from both within and outside the Athletic Department.
- Tracking trends and evolving issues in athletics compliance within Penn State and across the higher education athletics landscape.
- Coordinating with the CECO and appropriate athletic department liaison to refer athletics-related investigations to the appropriate unit for handling.
- Partnering with key University offices to accomplish athletic compliance goals, including offices such as Admissions, Registrar, Financial Aid, the Morgan Academic Center, Undergraduate Education, the Graduate School, Title IX, Youth Protection and others.
Education and experience:
Typically requires a Master's Degree or higher plus seven years of experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
The Pennsylvania State University is committed to and accountable for advancing diversity, equity, inclusion, and sustainability in all of its forms. We embrace individual uniqueness, foster a culture of inclusion that supports both broad and specific diversity initiatives, leverage the educational and institutional benefits of diversity in society and nature, and engage all individuals to help them thrive. We value inclusion as a core strength and an essential element of our public service mission.
Apply online at https://psu.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/PSU_Staff/job/Penn-State-University-Park/Senior-Associate-Athletics-Director-for-Compliance--Compliance-Manager-5-_REQ_0000038442-1
CAMPUS SECURITY CRIME STATISTICS: For more about safety at Penn State, and to review the Annual Security Report which contains information about crime statistics and other safety and security matters, please go to http://www.police.psu.edu/clery/, which will also provide you with detail on how to request a hard copy of the Annual Security Report.
Penn State is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency