This ad is expired.
Strength and Conditioning Coach
Penn State Intercollegiate Athletics, a Division I and Big Ten Conference Institution, is seeking a Strength and Conditioning Coach to cultivate a positive training environment that encourages team building, accountability, discipline, work ethic and mentally and physically healthy student-athletes.
Responsibilities of this position include:
- Design, organize and supervise strength and conditioning programs for Men's & Women's Swimming & Diving and Men's Soccer
- Coordinate and collaborate with Applied Health and Performance Science staff in optimizing student-athlete performance, health and wellness through the development of strategies that promote best practice within sport
- Manage day-to-day athlete monitoring strategies that include various sport technologies (i.e., Catapult GPS, ForceDecks, NordBord)
- Develop and execute nutritional plans designed specifically for individual student-athletes to enhance on-field performance
- Coordinate team nutritional needs in consultation with sports nutritionist through fueling stations, meals associated with team travel and other dietary needs
- Support education for student-athletes regarding nutrition and supplementation
- Develop strength and fitness evaluation techniques to measure student-athlete's physical improvements
- Play an integral part of the on-campus recruitment of student-athletes in Men's and Women's Swimming and Diving and Men's Soccer
- Communicate daily with Head Coaches and Sports Medicine staff for Men's and Women's Swimming and Diving and Men's Soccer
- Work closely with the athletic training staff on student-athlete physical rehabilitation and injury prevention
- Ensure safe and functional training environments for the weight room and other conditioning facilities
- Assist in identifying and purchasing needed strength and conditioning equipment
- Assist in scheduling of the weight room for training purposes
- Assist with the intern program, which includes planning, supervising, and evaluating
Typically requires a Bachelor's Degree or higher plus 3 years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Current certification as a professional strength coach with the Collegiate Strength and Conditioning Coaches Association or National Strength and Conditioning Association required. Experience in collegiate strength and conditioning coaching preferred.
This position requires the following clearances: PA State Police Criminal Background Check, PA Child Abuse History Clearance Form, and Federal (FBI) Fingerprint Criminal Background Check. This position requires that you operate a motor vehicle as a part of your job duties. A valid driver's license and successful completion of a motor vehicle records check will be required.
The Pennsylvania State University is committed to and accountable for advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in all of its forms. We embrace individual uniqueness, foster a culture of inclusion that supports both broad and specific diversity initiatives, leverage the educational and institutional benefits of diversity, and engage all individuals to help them thrive. We value inclusion as a core strength and an essential element of our public service mission.
Apply online at https://psu.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/PSU_Staff/job/University-Park-Campus/Strength-and-Conditioning-Coach_REQ_0000020466-1
CAMPUS SECURITY CRIME STATISTICS: For more about safety at Penn State, and to review the Annual Security Report which contains information about crime statistics and other safety and security matters, please go to http://www.police.psu.edu/clery/, which will also provide you with detail on how to request a hard copy of the Annual Security Report.
Penn State is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency